https://buildingscienceinstitute.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Building-Science-Institute-Blue-300x237.png 0 0 bsiadmin https://buildingscienceinstitute.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Building-Science-Institute-Blue-300x237.png bsiadmin2022-02-01 20:48:552022-02-01 22:08:50Type A Verification Organization
What qualifies as a Type “A” Verification Organization?
Building Science Institute, Ltd. Co., has three separate categories of
- Type A: A verification organization that provides third party verifications must meet the following requirements:
- The verification organization must be independent of the parties involved in the construction of the home.
- The verification organization and it personnel must not engage in any activities that may conflict with their independence of judgment and integrity in relation to their verification activities. They must not be engaged in the design, manufacture, supply, installation, purchase, ownership, use or maintenance of the items verified.
- The verification organization must not be part of a legal entity that is engaged in design, manufacture, supply, installation, purchase, ownership, use or maintenance of the items verified.
- The verification organization must not be linked to a separate legal entity engaged in the design, manufacture, supply, installation, purchase, ownership, use or maintenance of the items verified, by the following:
- Common ownership except where the owners have no ability to influence the outcome of an verification
- Common ownership appointees on the boards or equivalent of the organizations, except where these functions have no influence on the verification outcomes
- Direct reporting to the same higher level of management except where this cannot influence the verification outcomes
- Contractual commitments (or other means) that may have an ability to influence verification outcomes
- Example: An inspection company that only performs inspections on dwelling units and has independent ownership is a Type A verification organization.