Type B Verification Organization
- Type B: A verification organization that provides first party verifications, second party verifications, or both, which forms a separate and identifiable part of an organization involved in the design, manufacture, supply, installation, use or maintenance of the items it inspects and which supplies verification services only to its parent organization (in-house verification body) must meet the following requirements:
- The verification organization must only supply verification services to the organization of which the verification organization forms a part.
- A clear separation of the responsibilities of the verification personnel from those of the personnel employed in the other functions must be established by organizational identification and the reporting methods of the verification organization within the parent organization.
- The verification organization and its personnel must not engage in any activities that may conflict with their independence of judgment and integrity in relation to their verification activities. They must not engage in the design, manufacture, supply, installation, use or maintenance of the items verified.
- Verifications performed by Type C verification organizations are not considered third party verifications.
- Example: An inspection division of an HVAC contractor that only verifies the projects where the HVAC contractor performed the installation is a Type B verification organization.